Do you provide health and human services to residents of Missouri or the southwest region of Illinois? If so, 2-1-1 can help connect potential clients to your services.
Instead of calling around to 14 or more agencies, those in need can make one phone call to 2-1-1 and get connected to the agency that has the best potential to help them. This saves your organization time from having to field calls from unqualified clients and gives you a resource to direct people who need a referral to a different organization.
Inclusion in the 2-1-1 database is free to qualified agencies.
How to apply
1. Please read our entire inclusion/exclusion criteria before applying. Among other requirements, agencies must:
- Provide services to residents of Missouri or the following counties in Illinois: Calhoun, Clinton, Greene, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, Randolph or St. Clair
- Provide a human service
- Be a registered tax-exempt or government-supported organization, a religious institution or an organization comprised entirely of volunteers (certain for-profit organizations may be included)
- Provide the 2-1-1 database with accurate and complete information
- Sign a form to verify that the organization has not been found guilty of fraud and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or national origin
Inclusion in the 2-1-1 database does not imply United Way membership, funding or endorsement.
2. Complete and submit your application
You'll need: contact information, license date and number, agency's annual budget and detailed program descriptions. **NEW AGENCIES ONLY** If your agency is currently listed in the 2-1-1 database, contact your Resource Specialist for instructions.
3. Need help filling out the forms above or have questions about inclusion/exclusion criteria? Email your local 2-1-1 Resource Specialist .